The ethos of the academy will first of all reflect that of the Delta Academies Trust (Delta) as sponsor. It will be an academy that:
- Places the health, safety, welfare and well-being of every member of the school community at the centre of everything it undertakes
- Challenges, supports and encourages everyone to do their best, building self confidence in students in all aspects of their lives.
- Has high expectations for individuals: both students and staff
- Encourages collective responsibility around improving aspiration, attainment and positive behaviours for its students, staff and the wider community
- Is a caring school, based on social responsibility, honesty, equality and consideration for others
- Promotes and achieves success, both collectively and with individual students and staff.Encourages self-help, self-determination and self-improvement.
- Promotes inclusion, by collaborative working within the academy and equally with outside agencies and partners.
- Expects courtesy and co-operation, where enterprise, initiative and transformation affect every area of academy learning and academy life.
- Is at the centre of its community; a vibrant and welcoming venue, acting as a resource and a catalyst to community and individual growth.