- To develop sound/symbol correspondence, sequencing skills, visual and auditory memory, joined fluent handwriting in line with DILP structure.
- To develop reading skills ( decoding, comprehension/reading for information) – using Wellington Square , DILP and Word Shark.
- To develop writing/spelling skills. DILP, Wellington Square , Word Shark, handwriting programme.
- To increase self-confidence, raise self esteem and allow greater access to the curriculum.
- To develop speaking/listening skills.